Speak Spanish? French? German?

0

"Paradise (What about us?)" by Within Temptation ft. Tarja: GOOD!

Welcome to this weird blog (again), beautiful people!

A few days ago my brother showed me one of his favorite videos and well I decided it was perfect for me to write about it because Within Temptation isn't my favorite band but it surely is on my music library and even though this video is almost a year old, I had never watched it until last week. 

If you are not a fan of this band already, I recommend you to watch this video and fall in love with their voices. Here we go:



First of all, I love the fact that the lyrics are clear but not so obvious. We know they are talking about war because of the "peace" thing in the lyrics and with the video we get the fact that the war is not just about weapons and deaths. We can see a soldier traveling and fighting for whatever is her mission and you must know that every single part of the soldier at the beginning is showing us danger and desperation by the colors the photographer uses. Again we see orange and red all over the place:

 

When we change the perspective to the band singing we can see the colors are different, a bit colder and it is full of light flashes that makes us look at it as something more exciting:



Now, one of the most amazing things about this video is the movement the director manage here. When we get to see the soldier there is absolutely no movement of the camera; we are super steady:



Compare that to the clips we are watching when it comes to the band. The camera never stops moving:



I don't particularly like it because we got the public getting dizzy and some things won't look so good just like this one (half heads and arms):

But I must say that when the difference of movement is this hard between one clip and another it makes the video a master piece. Every move has something to do with the story and that is really easy to catch when you look at the beginning and at the end really close. At first the camera is moving so much, but when the soldier gets to her place and develops what she was meant to do, the band also gets a bit of stability:


And after everything we can see the main singers around green and with beautiful dresses. In this case we think of green as pure life and with that you get the end of the story, a beautiful life full of peace:

I actually got these crucial points really easy because the video is pretty clear. Within Temptation made a good to the earth by making their video about what the song was about and showed us what they really meant by sending a soldier to get through the desert.

This post might seem a bit simple but the truth is the video was a simple but a good one. It made me think and work harder to make the gifs and show you what I meant by movement and the pros and cons of it.

Well... I hope you come back for my next post, it will be about "Story of my life" by One Direction because a friend of mine asked me to. I got some things to say already but I'll wait until next time.

BYE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? THOUGHTS? MUSIC VIDEOS YOU'D LIKE ME TO SEE?

Back to Top