Speak Spanish? French? German?

0

"Story of my life" by One Direction: ACCEPTABLE.

Hello, beautiful people!

I hope you are doing great today! I came back (as I promised) to write about one of the most famous boy bands right now: One Direction.


It might not be your favorite band or well, you might be crazy about all of them. I'm not a big fan but I like them and some of their songs, plus someone asked me to do this analyzes. So, here we go:



First of all I have to talk about the song; it is not my favorite. I think this song was picked because it stays in your head. You get attached to the melody even though the lyrics are not great. Fans might get caught by the lyrics because they love the boys too much or some people might see their life in those lyrics, but I can assure you that mostly the song is only a good piece of marketing. The guys' voices can do much better but they didn't plus the arrangements around them are really simple musically speaking. 


Now, when we get to see the video we might get caught by the main topic of the lyrics and the concept of everyone in the video trying to reflect their story, the story of their lives. So the concept is okay. You can picture all of them in a world full of memories:


They are using the main idea and that is what makes this video kind of cute and special. I actually loved the fact that they used their own old pictures and invited their families to help them make the video. I'm sure that this was a huge punch right in the heart to all of their fans:



I mean, look at that little Zayn with his sister:


And that Harry's mother smile:



They know how to work with their fandom and what do they like to see; them being perfect and having stories just like everyone else's:



But, if we get to the technic part, mainly speaking of photography, we can see that this video is just made by good feelings. Their photographer is bad. I mean, like I've posted before one of the main things a photographer and a director must check is not cutting people:



If we compare these scenes to Within Temptation's movements, we can see that One Direction's video isn't exactly experimental nor faster than fast to make this kind of things happen occasionally. It is not about the concept or the idea, it is just a mistake:



The photographer didn't calculate how or where they were going to move or sing:



Added to these things, we have the fact that they didn't play with the colors, their clothes (but their flashbacks' clothing) or anything at all. But well, I liked their only effect around the presentation of the title:



I found this video in the acceptable term because the concept saves the photography mistakes a little bit and it is simple made so it shows very simple things.

That is all I have to say about this video, if you see something else or want to tell me something... The comments might help.

Thanks for reading, see you next time!

BYE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? THOUGHTS? MUSIC VIDEOS YOU'D LIKE ME TO SEE?

Back to Top